70% of your audience doesn’t shift to search results beyond the first page. It’s because they don’t have the time and energy to scroll to the last page of search results. This is why you need to rank higher on Amazon search results. A higher ranking means higher sales. But, for ranking higher on Amazon, you need to understand the Amazon A10 Algorithm. So, here we are to help you decode the algorithm in simple words.
Amazon A10 Algorithm: What is it?
The high-ranking products on Amazon get about one-third of all the clicks. The first search result page has a retention capacity of 81% of clicks. But, how do products rank on Amazon?
Amazon has its algorithm by which it filters countless products and makes some of them top the search results page. The parameters and their algorithm have changed vastly over the years. With the arrival of the A10 algorithm, Amazon is aiming to wipe off all Blackhat SEO practices to make the marketplace a safer place.
Without delay, let’s get started!
Earlier, Amazon’s algorithm was known as the A9 algorithm. But, in 2020, the algorithm changed to be known as the A10 algorithm. While some features and parameters have remained the same, there have been huge differences too. So, let’s discuss the key factors which affect your ranking according to the Amazon A10 Algorithm.
Pillars of the Amazon A10 Algorithm
The key factors affecting your ranking on Amazon 10 Algorithm are:
- Seller Authority
- Sales History & Velocity
- Organic Sales
- Amazon PPC Sales
- Off-site Sales
- Internal Sales
- Conversion Rate
Sellers’ authority refers to those metrics and parameters of the seller under Amazon’s control. It includes factors such as buy box, the period of the active presence of the seller, reviews of the customers, performance metrics, sellers attitude while dealing with returns, etc.
- Have a great product catalog with a large number of products. It implies that you are serving a wider and diversified audience.
- Have the practice of a great inventory along with good reviews. It implies that your products add value to the customer’s time, attention and money.
History & Velocity of Sales
The amount of sales your product earns also affects your listing. Products that are in constant demand with high sales and satisfactory customer reviews rank higher. Ensure that your product never goes out of stock. In case, your product goes out of stock, restock it as soon as possible.
When a customer lands at your product from the search results of the Amazon website and purchases it, it is termed an organic sale. With good feedback from customers, you can increase your organic sales.
Products with high organic sales tend to rank higher. Here is some good news for you! Amazon prioritizes organic sales over PPC sales.
Amazon PPC Sales
According to the A9 algorithm, PPC (Pay-Per-Click) sales and sponsored products were the key factors of the algorithm. However, now according to the A10 algorithm, PPC may light up your sales. But, it won’t significantly contribute to your ranking. However, you should carry on your campaigns as they will be fruitful in the long term.
- Stay focused on PPC campaigns. But, do diversify and focus on off-page advertising which may drive fruitful sales to your product.
While PPC sales have become slightly less relevant, off-site sales have taken over. The driving of external traffic and their transformation into loyal customers helps you rocket off your keyword ranking and gain more honest reviews. It’s why you should now focus on off-page advertising on other social media platforms.
When your product doesn’t top the search results, however, the customer buys it from recommendations such as “Amazon’s Choice” and “frequently bought with”. Such sales are known as internal sales which heavily influence your ranking and are independent of keywords & ads.
Impressions refer to the number of times your product attracts the eyes of the customers on any platforms such as Amazon website, partner, and affiliate sites. The more the visibility of your product, the more your impressions, the higher is your sales and rank.
Ensure that your products get listed in the right category. Move your focus on the conversion of keywords. It will influence your ranking and impressions simultaneously.
Conversion rate refers to the ratio of the audience viewing your products to those audiences who turn into customers. For increasing your conversion rate, engage with your audience with high-quality images. The higher your conversion rate, the higher is your ranking.
Click-Through-Rate refers to the number of times the product has been clicked After being viewed on search results. With proper optimization of lead image and title, one can get better clicks and increase the click-through rate of the product.
7 Golden Tips to rank higher according to Amazon A10 Algorithm
If you think Amazon A10 Algorithm is going to make product ranking difficult, then you are wrong. With proper steps, you can even make your product rank higher. So, here are some tips to make your product rank higher according to Amazon A10 Algorithm:
- Target your audience better with a compelling product catalog, eye-catching photographs exhibiting the use of your product in real life.
- Utilize the “Keywords and Description” section to the fullest and present all the important features of your product.
- Now, shift your focus to off-site activities and generate more traffic for better reviews and rankings.
- Organic traffic & reviews have become the courtiers now. Hence, try to get genuine honest reviews and gain organic traffic.
- Collaborate with micro-influencers and bloggers. They will help you gain some more reviews.
- Don’t offer many discounts. Products with high discounts rank low these days.
- Be genuine with your products and pricing. Don’t post prices that look “too good to be true”.
- Focus on the health metrics of your account. Invest time in extensive keyword research.
- Try other off-page advertising such as email marketing & Facebook ads.
The Amazon A10 algorithm is not completely different from the A9 algorithm. There has been a slight change in parameters. However, with proper product listing, you can even rank higher than ever! Do check out our blog on how to make the perfect product listing.